Statement of faith
1. We believe in one active and sovereign God, creator and sustainer of everything, infinitely perfect, glorious and eternally existing, in a union of love of the three Divine Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that God spoke through the Scriptures, the Old and the New Testaments, written by His people in His name by divine inspiration. As the inspired Word of God, the Bible is the complete revelation of the counsel of God for salvation of man and the basic and unique rule of faith and life. Consequently faith is required for everything the Bible teaches, obedience to whatever it demands, and assurance for whatever it promises.
The Human Condition
3. We believe that God in Trinity created Adam and Eve in His image and after His likeness, man and woman, and that they, tempted by the Devil, sinned. As descendents of Adam –“in Adam”—all people without exception are sinners by nature and by choice, estranged from God and subject to His wrath. Only through the saving work of God in Jesus Christ can man by divine grace be saved through faith in Christ, be reconciled to God and as a new creature be made alive morally, intellectually and spiritually.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God Who was revealed in the flesh. He is the Christ (Anointed) of God — Messiah of Israel Whom God promised— Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary. He lived an absolutely sinless life, even though He was tempted in everything; He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He died, was buried, rose again bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and is now at the right hand of the Father God, High Priest and Mediator of His people, which He obtained by His sacrifice.
The Work of Christ
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, willingly obeying the Father completely, died on the cross as an offering of the perfect and absolutely sufficient sacrifice for the propitiation for our sins. His redemptive death and triumphant resurrection are the climax of the revealing of the love of God to mankind, and at the same time the only foundation and presupposition for justification by grace and the salvation of every man who responds with repentance and faith in the proclamation of grace.
The Holy Spirit
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit is God and that all His activities bring glory to the Lord Jesus Christ. The Spirit convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. He regenerates the sinner, who by Him is baptized proclaiming his union with Christ and he is adopted as an heir in the family of God. The Holy Spirit indwells, enlightens, leads, equips and empowers the believer to live and serve God, as Christ did. The life of the believer in Christ naturally has the expression of the characteristics of the fruit of the Spirit, in other words, the forming of the character of Christ in the believer. The special spiritual gifts are granted to every believer, as the Spirit wishes, for the purpose of building up the Church.
7. We believe that the one genuine Church is composed of all those who have been justified by the grace of God, through faith in Christ alone. The believers united by the Holy Spirit comprise the body of Christ on the earth, of which only He is head. The one genuine Church is exemplified by local churches which have as their purpose to be the visible expression of the body of Christ in a specific place. The members of the local churches participate in common worship, support each other in spiritual and practical needs, use every spiritual and material gift that God has entrusted to each one for the building up of the body of the Church and for increasingly greater resemblance with Christ. Consequently, they proclaim the gospel of salvation by grace through faith and the love of God to people with the proclamation of the Word and with acts of love. The supreme purpose of the Church is the glory of God on earth but also in heaven, to the visible, earthly, but also to the unseen transcending world.
Baptism – The Lord’s Supper
8. The Lord Jesus Christ instituted Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which — visibly and tangibly — express the Gospel: the first, as a visible symbolic and conscientious confession of the personal spiritual death and resurrection of the believer in Christ Jesus, and the latter as the thankful personal and corporate remembrance of the suffering and death of Christ, and because of this, the participation of every believer in the body of Christ, the Church. Though these in and of themselves are not means of acquiring salvation, they are—accompanied by genuine and honest faith—essential elements of the life of the believer and the Church as commandments of Christ.
The Christian Life
9. We believe that the purpose of every regenerated believer is, through the work of the Holy Spirit, obedience to the word of God and prayer, to live more and more for Christ and not for himself, showing the life of Christ in his own life for the glory of God. Living in the grace of salvation and the love of God, the believer conveys respectively the grace and the love of God to the world, living with a spirit of sacrifice, every person without distinguishing race, gender, nationality, class, color, religion, etc., supporting with good and useful deeds those in need, seeking justice for the downtrodden and the mistreated, announcing the gospel of grace by his works and by his words.
Second Coming – Eternity
10. We believe in the glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ at a time known only to God, for the establishment of His eternal Kingdom. We believe that God will bodily raise the dead and will judge the world. The believers, forgiven and justified by the blood of Christ, will be led to the inexhaustible enjoyment of the eternal presence and glory of God in the new heavens and the new earth, whereas those who did not receive Him as Savior and rejected the Light will be led to eternal loss.
Our vision is for the kingdom of God to be alive in us, to be lived out in our environment and to be proclaimed dynamically everywhere.
Our mission is the growth and development of a spiritual community for the glory of God that will live as the body of Christ inside and outside the walls of the church.
Koimiseos Theotokou 27 & Anavryton,